THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF NAILS FALL INTO MANY CATEGORIES, EACH WITH A DISTINCT COLOUR TO MAKE IT EASIER AND FASTER TO LOCATE THEM ON THE SHELVES.
How to know which type of nails or staples to choose ?
1. Select the type of project to realize.
2. Choose the nails and staples recommended and validate the compatibility of the pneumatic tool you will be using.
3. Select the appropriate finish for your application (interior/exterior).
4. Choose the required nail length.
5. Select the appropriate shank style.
6. Choose the required format depending on the project extent.
The nail’s natural finish.
Ideal for indoor uses requiring no corrosion resistance.
Finish resulting from a coating of zinc applied to nail through electrolysis. Ideal for indoor uses requiring minimal corrosion resistance.
Hot dip galvanized
Finish obtained from immersion in a basin of molten zinc for superior corrosion resistance. Lends itself remarkably well to the full range of outdoor applications, including ACQ pressure-treated lumber.
Galvanized with dichromate
Finish obtained from the application of a coat of zinc covered with dichromate. Tests have shown that Duchesne’s dichromate finish provides superior corrosion resistance. Less expensive than hot dip galvanized nails, Duchesne’s galvanized with dichromate nails deliver excellent performance along with an outstanding quality-price ratio.
Excellent antirust metal. The ideal solution for exterior uses, including ACQ treated wood and exotic wood such as Red Cedar, Pine and Ipé.