Duchesne is celebrating it’s 95th Year as a premier Canadian Manufacturer of a diverse mix of Building Materials. It has an opening for an Outside Sales Representative for Alberta and British Colombia, reporting to the Regional Sales Director Ontario and Western Canada.
Duchesne believes that strong customer partnerships are built through face-to-face interaction, which sets the expectation that our Outside Salespeople spend the majority of their days meeting with customers. Partnership is more than selling products. Partnership is built on sharing your market knowledge, understanding your customers growth strategies and helping them achieve their goals. It means being the product and market expert to support your customer in driving their business. This is a combined Hunter and Gatherer Role. As a self-driven salesperson, you have a desire to grow your business through the acquisition of new customers as well as nurturing your current customer base to deliver on your financial metrics.
- Develop and execute a customer centric sales strategy to maximize Territory Financial Performance;
- Perform all activities related to the promotion, sales and service of company’s products and services;
- Responsible for stimulating sales through marketing and competitor understanding among existing and new retail customers;
- Build and maintain strong business relationships;
- Collaborate in setting sales objectives for his/her territory, taking into account established business development objectives;
- Effectively manage and plan his/her activities within his/her assigned territory;
- Responsible for supplying all market intelligence to the company about the clientele, the competition, prices, trends, survey data, etc;
- Ability to travel for both Day and Overnight Selling Trips. Expect to be in customer establishments up to 60% of the time.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Sales or Marketing option, or a relevant combination of training and experience;
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience to the position;
- Experience utilizing CRM Reporting systems;
- Holding a Valid Drivers License with an impeccable driving record
- Good knowledge of the building materials market is considered an asset;
- Strong Computer skills (Office suite);
- Strong CRM skills;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Desire and capability/skills to effectively and efficiently manage multiple on-going sales opportunities and client expectations;
- Highly developed listening skills and good communication skills;
- Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of our diversified product line;
- Bilingual is an asset but not required;
The advantages of working at Duchesne:
- Be part of a passionate team with friendly, enthusiastic and committed people
- Being involved in many motivating projects and gaining responsibility;
Work for a Canadian-based company with a solid reputation built 95 years;
- Competitive salary with continuous training;
- Opportunity to grow your carreer with the business;
- A full range of benefits such as group insurance and pension plan;
- Manufacturing building materials that will be sold throughout North America;
- Personalized welcome and integration plan in order to integrate easily and quickly into the different teams.